Ok, ok, I know I've been on a total food kick lately, but I'm going with it. Anything that gets me to cook dinner after a long day watching my little ones is fine by me. This recipe didn't disappoint. It was yummy, looked amazing, and the kids devoured it...as did I!!! I served this with Zataran's Spanish Rice. Enjoy!
Tomatillo Ranch Chicken
This juicy chicken is flavorful and delicious after being marinated, cooked, and smothered in creamy tomatillo ranch dressing!
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 package buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 2½ teaspoons garlic
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3 tomatillos, husked and chopped
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 3-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Blend together mayo, buttermilk and next five ingredients. Pour 1 cup of dressing into a large ziplock back. Add chicken breasts. Seal and chill at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375. Discard marinade and place chicken breasts side by side in a shallow baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Top with additional dressing and serve with rice if desired. Enjoy!